TYPO3 is a free Open Source content management system for enterprise purposes on the web and in intranets. It offers full flexibility and extendability while featuring an accomplished set of ready-made interfaces, functions and modules.
- Rich Text Editor (RTE) : Multiple RTEs with Microsoft Word-like icons, support for Win/IE, Mac/Safari and Mozilla Firefox on all platforms; WYSIWYG editors are highly configurable - buttons and CSS styles can be added and removed.
- Intuitive UI : The site is organized and displayed in the backend in a page-tree format that duplicates the structural layout of the site. File management functions are displayed in a directory-tree format that duplicates the directory structure of the installation. This makes finding pages and files easy for content editors.
- Configurable UI Levels : Customizable/Skinnable backend interface for editors (expert or newbie interfaces); Help icons are located beside most functions.
- Undo / History : TYPO3 CMS has an unlimited history. You can undo any change you make on the site.
- Frontend or Backend Editing : Users can choose to edit in either the frontend (directly on the webpage) or the TYPO3 CMS backend.